Sunday, February 8, 2009

Joshua Tree



That's Mitchell up there on the rock.

Hudson's Spooky Old Tree



The bush that killed us.

Tanis gets a gold star for posting!  Everyone get back on the band wagon because it makes me happy when everyone posts.  So this trip happened a while ago but I just put the pictures on my computer so I thought I would share them with you.  Our ward went to Joshua Tree a month or two ago and it was BEAUTIFUL!  The trees look like something that came out of a Dr. Seuss book but the boulders and mountains of boulders are incredible.  It's like god just tipped over his wheelbarrow with all the rocks in it and made Joshua Tree (I hope that's not bad to say). We got there pretty late and the ward was playing our favorite night game: steal the flag.  We started playing without knowing the terrain and one of the pictures shows the HUGE thorn brushes that were definitely on the other team because they killed us. We were pulling out huge thorns out of our thighs and hands.  It was super fun though and while we were playing I met a boy named Mitchell and later on that night found out realized that it was Mitchell Giles!  We are friends now, who knew that Mitch would be in my ward.  It makes me feel old that he is now in my ward but it is really fun to have him there.  Small world.  Anyways, we rock climbed and bouldered.  We hiked and hiked and I got a little bit of Dads vertigo and couldn't go up all the way without wanting to pass out but for the most part, I was brave.  And it was just so nice to be outside, in nature.  I need to do that more often.  Here are some pictures from the trip.  We were climbing through slots and jumping off big boulders and I found the spooky old tree for Hudson.  

No comments: