Sunday, August 10, 2008

Just a thought!

Dear Everyone,
While I was home at the funeral, Steve told me about a book that Pres. Monson had given to all his relatives that was called "On the Lords Errand" that tells stories about his life,Even stories that he wouldn't want the whole church to know! When he told me the name of the book it sounded really familiar. Steve was afraid that Myra had dads book but while he was there we went down and found dads book in all my church books. I had no idea what was actually in the book. Anyway, I am going to read it, it has a bunch of funny stories about when he was younger and going to church. It is kind of like a journal of just all the little things that happened to him in his life. This book is not suppose to get into the hands of anyone but the family! I guess his secretary found one being sold on ebay for about $2000 and he about died. Anyway, as I read it I will have to keep you informed about all the stories. It is quite the book. Steven took Phils and was reading it! But while I was reading the church news today I was reading the Messages of Inspiration From President Monson so I am going to just leave you with one that I liked. Take it as the Tuttle Timely Tidbit for the week!

Make The Effort
It is not enough to want to make the effort and to say we'll make the effort. We must actually make the effort. It's in the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals. If we constantly put our goals off, we will never see them fulfilled. Someone put it this way: Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today.-- From General Conference Priesthood Session, October 2007.

Love MOM

No comments: