Sunday, August 10, 2008

My dreams have come true...I am GIDGET!!!!






I went down to San Onfre on Friday night to learn how to surf. And SURFING IS THE ULITMATE!!!! I paddled out to the waves and it was about 7:30ish at night, our friend Eric was coaching us and it was beautiful. The sun was setting and it really did look like a scene from some surfing movie. I was nervous because it seems that although I love the ocean, she tends to just mall me and slam me into the sea floor so every other time I have tried to do something in the ocean I just come out worked, wondering why I even went in in the first place. So we get out there and the waves are starting to to die down a little so we are just sitting on our boards and it was so relaxing that I almost fell asleep. But anyways my first attempt I rode it in on my knees and it was so fun so that next time I stood right up and went for a little bit and then I lost my balance. The third time I stood right up and I rode IT ALL THE WAY IN! My teacher was quite surprise and said that I was a natural and I told him it was because I had watched Gidget so many time. It seriously was the coolest thing I have done since moving to California. I am going to go once a week and get really good and I am getting a surf board for christmas. So I have three months to work on the practice boards so that when it's christmas I can get a real one. It was soooooo fun. We surfed until is was totally dark but the moon was so bright that we just keep surfing, night surfing until I was shaking so bad because it was kind of cold after the sun went down and my arms were so tired from paddling. Then we had a bonfire and it was really fun. I loved it.

I am posting some pictures. Some of them are from my beautiful pot garden on our porch. Now I know it's no Mom and Dad's garden, only the two of them combined can produce amazing results but it has kept me busy and I have loved doing it. I got some of the plants from the Fair Plant sale. They have a big OC Fair every year and they decorate it with plants and stuff and then they have a big sale and they sale everything for super super cheap. I went not knowing that I was going to hit the jackpot but I did. I bought some beautiful hibiscus trees for only $20 bucks and everything else was a dollar. I was running away pulling all my stuff together and there were grandmas that were trying to take my stuff. I kept haven'ting to tell them to back off. Obviously, I didn't say that but it would have been kind of funny. I politely would tell them that they were mine and then we would sit and admire them together, me and the grandmas enjoying our purchases together.

I am glad that Joni is home and that she survived the foriegn land. Why don't you post some pics of your trip Jones. I am so excited to see you tomorrow. I want to hear all about it. Ty and Erica have you decided to move yet? Rich and Shelane, are you alive? Tim and Tanis, I want your child to come live with him. And Mom and Dad how's the befriending of the people that live on our property by the river, have you talked them into letting us demolish there house so that we can build there? That sounds mean but I dream about that property.

I am posting a video of claire singing at the cabin if I can get it to work and a lot pictures from this summer. Enjoy and talk to you all soon. Love you, Marsupial.

No comments: