Sunday, October 28, 2007

I see we are gettin' on the "BLOG TRAIN"






























































I was so excited to type in our website today only to find two new entries! YEAH! I was hoping that is wasn't going to be an Erica blog-since I do already have one of those! I loved reading Richard and Joni's entries and so wish that Marci's letter was apart of the "blog train". I don't know if any of you noticed, but you can comment on people's entries. I commented on Richard's earlier today...all that you have to do is go to the bottom of their post and it will say something like 0 comments, or have a number in the 0 part. Click on that and it will come up and you can read people's comments and write you own and publish it. That is really cool do to also-well that is your blog tutorial for the week! :) Well this week has been busy, all with its ups and downs. Honestly, now as I sit here this whole week is a blur and I can't remember if I did things this week or last week or when everything happened. I swear to you, that my mind is going, as well as so many other things! Well...our highlights for the week: Tuesday was a blast. Besides Claire's 18 month check-up (complete with shots), we spent the day with our friends from Notre Dame! That is a great thing about living down this way is that I have two of my closest friends right around the corner from South Bend! So, every Tuesday we plan an activity and get together for "a few hours" which of course turns out to be 95% of the day. So this week, I put the kids in the car and drove out to Mesa and went to Mother Nature's Farm Pumpkin Patch. It was a blast. The kids had such a great time! We did hay rides, took lots of pictures (300 almost), they had a hay trampoline/pit, we picked our own pumpkins and decorated them, we did the traditional "bounce house" and topped it off with lunch at Cafe Rio which happened to be convieniently next door!!!! Oh how we enjoyed ourselves! My ND friend Amy said that her friend used to work at Cafe Rio and has the recipe for the pork and Kelly (the other friend) has a mild sauce that rivals theirs! So, I will pass those along. For lunch we went back to Kelly's house and with 7 kids between the three of us, it was utter chaos and we wouldn't have wanted anything less! It was a serious party! The rest of the week was filled with walks to the park (which happens to be just down the street...AWESOME), the oh so famous library because it is still 95 degrees here (I forget that it is winter at other places around the globe), preparing for the ward Halloween party, making decorations, teaching Porter a little bit more how to read, and we topped it off with a great ward Halloween party (trunk or treat, chili cook-off and carnival games!). We had a great week and hope that all is well with all of you! I haven't downloaded my pics from Halloween yet, but I'll post those in the next few days. Enjoy this picture of Porter playing superman and seriously almost ending up in the emergency room! Boys will be boys! Love you, Erica

No comments: