Friday, March 28, 2008

It's your birthday shout horray, we want to sing to you today.


One year older and wiser too. Happy Birthday to you. I have complied a very attractive montage of your posterity. Now I know there are a few pictures that are pretty normal i.e Tanis and Tim but if you will look at the face, Hudson is making whilst eating his raisins, I think it makes up for the two of them. I didn't have very many pictures on my computer because I just cleared the majority of them off but I was able to find these gems none the less.
Today as I was driving a song by Brad Pasley came on entitled "A Letter to Me". I'm not going to lie, it kind of got choked me up a little. Everyone should download that song because it makes you think a little and this is where the idea for the montage came from. Hopefully this picture lets you know how much each of us love you. In a way we are reflections of you and your life. I will forever be indebted to you and mom. What an amazing family we have and it's all because of you guys. Being a Dad is hard but I just wanted you to know that you are the best Dad in the world. I remember one special occasion and I am not sure if it was for fathers day or what we gave you a book and we each had written a note to you, this is back when we were really young. Not to long ago, I found it in the basement and I started laughing really hard because of what I wrote you. It went something like this:

Dear Dad,
You are the very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (about 50 more verys) best dad in world. Love Marci.

I know I have a way with words. But the thing is, you desired every single one of those verys. I love you so much Dad and I hope you didn't work today because it's the one day you are suppose to not have to do anything. But I am sure you did because that is what you do, you work so hard for us and the lord and I couldn't have a stronger testimony of the love that our heavenly father has for each of us and I gained this through the love and example of the best earthly father anyone could have. I hope that makes sense. I could probably reword that but I have written 16 pgs of my thesis this week and my brain is going to blow up.

So this ones for you DAD, I wish we could all be there but I am sure those faces are burned into your mind.

No comments: