Sunday, March 16, 2008

Richard's Locksmith Service Strikes Again!

Well Ill get right to it. Shelane and I were up in West Jordan doing some sales calls, which we sold boo-yah, and on the way home we decided to stop at Tai Pan and use our gift card that we still had from her shower. We pulled in and got out of the car and i left the keys in the ignition and shut my door just as Shelane shut hers, locking the keys in the car! Shelane dropped her head in disbelief and frustration, while inside i knew it was my time to shine. She was somewhat upset with me so I told her to just go inside and shop and i would find a way to get the keys out. She thought we should just call a lock smith, but I was excited to step up to the challenge. So we were off of 90th south, and it is pretty bare on the west side so there wasnt much around. I noticed an abandoned lot next to Tai Pan and went over to explore for tools I could use to get in the car. All i found was an old roll of chain link fence and some construction stakes. But my McGyver( I dont know if it is spelled that way) instincts kicked in and i came up with a great plan. I unraveled a link out of the old fence with a stick and bent the piece of fence out so i could use it for my tool. I went back out to the car and used the construction stake to get some leverage to get my tool inside. Once inside i was on the lock in no time, only to find out that there was not really a surface on the lock to grab so there was no chance i was pulling that method off. After some thought i decided i would have to go with the Natalie Method, as made famous at the Tuttle Timeout when i reached across and simply pulled the keys off the seat. That was also very difficult because Uncle Ken was on the deck repeatedly telling Phil and I to give up, because he had tried and couldnt do it, and he really got a little crazy when we wouldnt stop. So we did, and then snuck back out and pulled off the greatest lock jimmy job in history. Well continuing on with the story i was able to regroup and go forward with the Natalie Method. So i went in from the passenger door, reached across the car and hooked the keys right in the ignition. I pulled the keys right out of the ignition, back across the car, and out the corner of the door thanks to my construction stake for leverage. I must admit it was some of my finest work!

No comments: