Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Awesome experience

Hello Everyone,

I feel like I haven't written on this blog for ages. But I really don't have any awesome news. Life is about the same. Ballet is good. We are doing Swan Lake (well the 2nd act, there are 3 acts for all who wanted to know)but it is going good. School is OVER!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy about that. I think my 20 pg. english paper almost did me in, but with the help of my sisters, I was able to pull it off. Thanks sisters so much for all of your help. I love you. As far as everything else goes, it is about the same. All I can say, is I am so excited to go to california. AH, it is going to be AWESOME.

So I have to tell you about this awesome experience I had. Ok so two guys from Ballet West (which is in Salt Lake) came and performed with us during Legend of Timpanogos. One boy, named Alex, started to ask about our church. He grew up in a christian high school, so he knows the bible extremely well, but he wanted to know things about our church. He went to temple square to look around and found this awesome couple missionaries that started to work with him. He went to General Conference with Rachelle, and then he started to become really interested. Rachelle and I, met him up at temple square to go see the Joseph Smith movie, and all I have to say is you MUST see it. It is so good. I was crying, and I felt the spirit so strongly in that movie. It was so awesome. Anyways, we then talked to the couple missionaries for about 2 hours after the movie. It was awesome. I felt like a missionary, and I knew Alex felt the spirit too. Rachelle and I totally felt like he was going to read the B.O.M and know it was true. Well the next day he found out about polygamy, and how Joseph Smith practiced it and he freaked out. We don't really know how he is doing now. After the freak out, we still took him to institute and the lesson was amazing. We are still hoping that touched his heart, and he is able to understand the things he is seeking for. He went home to Tennessee, and we know he is going to finish the B.O.M so we hope he lets in the truth. Anyways, even though it did not go as well as we would have liked, it was such an amazing experience to contribute to the lord's work. I grew so much from that experience. I just hope he can read the B.O.M and feel what we have all felt.

The gospel is so amazing. I know this isn't any new experience for the RMs, but it was really neat for me because I have never experienced anything like that. That is about everything that is happening. Only like 3 weeks until I can see most of you. YEAH!!!!!!!! Well I love you all, and miss you all alot. Talk to you soon, and yes I still have brown hair. No one recognizes me anymore. I saw grandma right after I got it done, and she thought I was someone's girlfriend. It is kind of sad, but i like my brown hair for now. I guess I will see how it grows out and then make a decision. Just thought I would give you an update on my appearance before you all see me so you can recognize me. haha Love you

No comments: