Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I don't want my bike in the tree......




Ok, so it has seriously been forever since I have posted. It is ridiculous really, and I am not sure why it has taken me so long to repent and suck it up. So sorry everyone. I am sure you all have been just freaking out wondering if we are still alive here in Pittsburgh, so let me resolve all of your concerns.

We are alive........barely, but at least we can say that much. No really we are doing great out here. Pittsburgh has finally turned spring which I cannot tell you what it has done to my outlook on life here. Thank heaven that seasons change and that the sun can actually repair what seasonal depression disorder has done to me over the winter months. Not to mention the mere fact that I don't feel like I am going to throw up constantly anymore. I am 18 weeks now and just plugging along. Hudson is talking more and more all the time and definitely getting older. I am starting to get the feeling that the terrible two's might be coming on here pretty quick. The constant "no, i don wan it" (yes that is the pronunciation)is starting to wear on me, so we continually have the talk of "no, you don't tell mom and dad no" and "are you listening to me?" I think I may be in for it. But, we will keep going of course and hope that somehow things will work out and I can at least have the patience I need to get through it!

So, I don't know if you all watched the video of Jeep Hunting with Hudson. I will attach it here so you can watch it again, but it is pretty hilarious how much this kid LOVES and really is OBSESSED with Jeeps or "Pee Pee's". I kind of had to get used to the idea of him being in public, seeing a Jeep somewhere off in the distance and him screaming "Pee Pee" at the top of his lungs. It really is crazy though how he can spot them. He says it and then I will seriously look for at least a couple of minutes until I find one clear down the road, parked behind another car or something. He just loves them so much and is constantly saying "bye, pee pee". He wants to ride in the jeep all the time. It is pretty cute.

So I have to tell you a funny story. Erica already got the low down on it already, but I thought you all would enjoy it since there seems to be a little of the Tuttle temper in all of us. I probably have more than most and realize through this experience that I might have to learn to fine tune it just a little bit. So Friday, Tim, Hudson and I went to the mall to let Hudson play at the little play place there. He had been stuck in the house all day and was just dying to go somewhere and with it being rainy, there was not much of another option. So, we proceed to take off his shoes and begin to run around with the MASS of children that were running, jumping, skidding, flying off all of the slides that were in this place. Hudson has a specific slide that he just loves but it was a little tricky trying to manuver around all the kids. Well after dodging everyone for a little bit, Hudson came over and was busting Tim after managing to go down the slide the SLOWEST of anyone it the place. He didn't have good pants on. Anyway, out of no where this little black kid came over and started staring at Tim. He sat there for a minute and finally Tim said Hi which he replied with a Hi back. He then asked Tim what his name was and exclaimed that his name was "Marcus". He then went on his busy way. He was probably about 6. So a little bit later, I notice that Marcus is hanging around Hudson quite a bit.....just kind of following him a long. Hudson was just playing not really paying any attention to anyone specifically when all of a sudden he starts getting bumped into by Marcus. I of course was watching at which point my insides started to heat up a little bit. I sat there assimilating the situation for a minute and watched as Marcus would run and just hit into Hudson, making him fall over and then crawl on him when he was down. I turned to Tim and said "Marcus is doing that on purpose and if he doesn't knock it off I am going to go over there". Tim at that point was just like "Hudson is fine, don't worry about it", when all of the sudden, Marcus knocked him over again and bulldozed him to the ground. I immediately sprung into action, not even really thinking about it. I walked over to them laying on the ground and picked up Hudson and looked Marcus in the eye and said, "Marcus, I don't want you to touch Hudson again. That is NOT NICE. If you cannot play nice on the playground then you won't be able to play here anymore." Marcus just stared at me, probably wondering what in the world I was doing scolding him, but it seriously ticked me off. This six or seven year old kid, purposefully picking on a little two year old. Come on......parents where are you? He was definitely old enough to know better. So then I went back to my seat and Hudson followed me over, upset by the whole situation. Of course I would be too, having had a six year old smash my face in the carpet. I held him for a minute until he settled down and wanted to play again, but of course I just felt the blood boiling while I sat there. I honestly had to make some serious mental exertion to get it out of my mind and move on and it wasn't until the car ride home that I finally let it go. It was probably ridiculous really, but it was the first time that I had experienced someone deliberately trying to hurt my child and I didn't like it. I guess I am going to have to learn some patience there or something, either that or attack anyone who attempts to hurt my children. I guess I am a little protective...............

Well, other than that, life is good. I have been doing a little more photography lately and am working on a blog to showcase some of the pictures I have taken. I have really enjoyed it and it has been nice to have a little something to do that makes me feel like I have an identity outside of Tim's wife and Hudson's mom. I hope to do a little more now that the weather is starting to warm up. I have posted a few of the recent shots I have done.

Mostly, I just love you all so much. I am so thankful for the family that we have. Keep posting- actually start posting. I can say that now because I finally did. I love you all and hope that I can see the brunette Joni before you change back into your normal identity. Love you all. Tanis

No comments: