Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ole Mexico

I really don't know what my title means but it looked good. Dad and I have had quite a week! Remember our timeshare vacation membership? Well, we had saved up 40000 points and we had someone in Trendwest called wanting to buy our contract and our points. Well, to make a long story short we decided to keep our contract and 10000 points and sale 30000 points. We are taking that money and putting it back on our contract which will pay over half of the money owed. We still have 10000 points if we want to take a vacation and we can still use our bonus time but we had a trip from RCI that we had to take by Nov of 08 or we would loose. We could stay anywhere for a week for $200. We found a place in Cabo San Lucas that was a 5 star hotel that was available the last week of January or the middle of February. We looked into airfare and in January it was $300 per person but February jumped up to $500 per person so we are leaving on the 28th of January and coming home on the 2nd of February. We wanted to go somewhere for our 30th anniversary but then we went to Guatemala and you couldn't have asked for a better trip than that! But this will be our celebration. We have church now at 9:00 and I don't know what to do with myself for the rest of the day. Actually I have been reading a lot. I had to give the relief society lesson today and the gospel principles lesson but dad did most of that. I have finished reading my Sheri Dew book. It is wonderful! Well, I just got through talking to Marci, by the time I post all of my information is old. Have a good week! Hey, Richard and Shelane are you in the magazine this month? Let me know!. Dad was suppose to do his own blog but now he is whimping out so he says he will do the Tuttle Timely Tidbit for the week. Love you all!
Tuttle Timely Tidbit:
So, how is everyones reading coming? Two pages! It's important. My tidbit for the week is a quote from Harold B. Lee. You've seen it pasted inside my scriptures your whole lives. It reads: "The most important thing you can do is to learn to talk to God. Talk to Him as you would talk to your father, for He is your Father, and He wants you to talk to Him. He wants you to cultivate ears to listen, when He gives you the impressions of the Spirit to tell you what to do. If you learn to give heed to the sudden ideas which come to your minds, you will find those things coming through in the very hour of your need. If yo will cultivate an ear to hear these promptings, you will have learned to walk by the spirit of revelation."

No comments: