Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I could go on for DAYS. I seriously have one million more. But until then, this should hold you over.

Things that I remember:

I don’t even know where to start:

Joni’s high pony tails when she was little and doing Joni’s hair as we walked to the bus. Trying to get Leaf and Joyce to change our bus stop to the corner because it was too far to walk to the Bennett’s or to the Fort sign. This was a big deal, but come on seriously!

Yelling through the vent for people. Taking naps underneath the kitchen tables and sitting on the microwave whilst the food was cooking and probably the radiation from it cooked our insides.

Playing in the blanket closet. I loved that place. Pulling the mirror out from underneath our bed and pretending that I lived on the ceiling, I would do this for hours.

Writing mom notes to ask her if I could play with her doll that was on the shelf in her closet and then breaking it when she finally gave in.

Sleeping on the sheep skin rug when you where scared. Never wanting to sleep in the day bed because it looked into the front room and there were scary things in there at night. My imagination was very good and Tanis will attest to the fact that there were wolves that lived in there.

Watching cartoons on Saturdays in the basement but our feet had to be touching the T.V and spilling our cereal all over the floor and the floor stinking.

Singing “Stop and Listen” and “Celebrating the Light” to Joni every night. Sleeping in the middle, being the barrier between Joni who would maul me and me not being able to touch Tanis at all. Try to accomplish that with three people in a queen size bed. And always being the Tent pole because Tanis made me.

Getting Easter Dresses and loving that black and white dress that had puffed sleeves like Anne of Green Gables. My shirt that had the colors spelled out with sequins and my zebra leggings that went with it.

Rich chasing me up the stairs and me sticking my leg out at the very end to smack him right in the mouth. He bit his tongue so hard. Still a good move! Get’s him every time.

Richard and I running around the house, riding the cushions down the stairs in our Superman and Wonder woman pajamas.

Taunting the Roster at the Condies house and playing in the basement with the little chicks.

Throwing those little green apples at each other. Playing mean momma outside. Tyler trying to shoot a piece a chewed bubble gum on the patio with his 22 and it rickashading and hitting me in the stomach. Grounded!

Duke biting Penni’s ear. Those huts we use to make on the swingset with moms afghans’. Stretching them to the max. Dukes, caves and Richard running for his life after setting down the food.

Me crushing rocks on the gas station patio out back. Looking for diamonds in the middle, finally finding one and giving it to Brooke and she lost it. 5 years of searching down the drain.

Building countless huts, Tanis smashing the heck out of her finger with the hammer, us running down the hill trying to fix it without mom finding out. Kevin screaming at us to get out of the hut behind Valeras place. The scary creamery that HAD MY NAME IN IT!!!!!! Along with devil worshiping stuff. GooD!

Brooke and I going to the store for mom, realizing that we forgot the paper towels (the thing that mom told us not to forget) devising a plan which was to pretend that we were on a scavenger hut and ask Norma if she had any. She did. We are to smart!!!!!

This is a gross one but we all did it. Pooped and peed behind the bushes at the church because we couldn’t hold it until we got home. AHAHAHA Why we didn’t just go to the Tuttle’s, I will never know.

Planting the garden and sinking all the way down to my waist in the soil. Being assigned certain rows to take care of. Our Saturday jobs, Dad teaching me how to spray off the patio. Cleaning the boy’s bathroom for 14 years, you guys are sick suckers.

Spilling over the bathtub and Rich, Joni and I sliding on our bare bums across the floor. Sitting in the sick, getting ready for school. Tanis doing her bangs with one curl forward and one curl back. I hated that and she would always try to get me to do it. Perms at the beauty college.

Peaches or pears in the morning. Oatmeal and scrambled egg sandwiches with hot cocoa on Sunday nights. Soup on Wednesday made by Dad because Mom was teaching dance.

Oh the adventures during Sparkettes. Fergs gas stations, looking for money so that I could buy a treat when we walked to Fergs, we were the only customers that went to Fergs. Dancing on the stage while mom taught dance. Thinking Mom and Aunt Tammy’s Batman dancing outfits were the coolest things ever!

Playing games with the cousins. Playing at the Beckstrands and everyone needed at stick so I found one in the backyard. Uncle Jim got really angry because someone had broken of the brand new tree they had just planted, yes that was me. I didn’t tell and I am still scared that he is going to find out. I broke it off half way down, funny! But one of the scariest moments of my life! Tanis almost breaking her nose playing football with the boy cousins, Ashley actually breaking her nose trying to dive over the couch!!!!! HAAHAHAHAH

Playing club in the trees at the church with Brooke and Adrian. Tanis being the President of course, Adrian the sec. Brooke, the look out for the boys because she could climb the highest and I was the treasurer. We didn’t know what that meant so I just sat there. Tanis always wanting her pretend name to be “Samantha, but call me Sam” and me always being Jadesse. Me always getting the red headed doll at Christmas and Tanis always getting the blonde. Happened like 5 times, no lie.

Joni’s baseball games and softball in the summers. The lights at the field and going down whenever they were on. Having the whole town come out when they were on. Going to Ty’s football games and having tumbling wars at the end zone with the opposing team’s siblings. Of course killing them, thank you Cathy Sheridan!

So many, I could keep going for days!!!!! I will and then post them.

No comments: