Tuesday, May 27, 2008

There are just too many...............

So I have decided I better just start ranting off my memories since being pregnant doesn't make for the greatest memory....thoughts come and go in the same instant.

Summer Sleepouts: waking up, smashed in the center of the trampoline. Setting up the tent in the backyard for weeks on end....taking it down and having a huge yellow spot in the lawn. Sleeping on the deck at the new house and trying to talk myself out of the fact that I was scared because of the cemetery.

Tyler coming home from his mission thinking that all americans were completely selfish and rude. Our trip to visit Jimmy bags in DC where we found our "niche" and Tyler coming home and falling in love with a girl from Beaver because she owned a sewing machine.

Making mud pies out of sand on the fan in the backyard.

Tyler shooting Marci in the chest with his BB gun when she was only 4. Him sitting on the chair in the kitchen by the fridge for hours on end thinking, "will I ever not be grounded?"

Being awake at home when Mom and Dad found out that Tyler really wasn't sleeping over at Peter White's house and that he was somewhere in between Scipio and Richfield and the phone call that accompanied that knowledge. The Tuttle temper at complete boiling point and the worry that I was going to get candy striping duty at the hospital too because I was simply in the room.

Marci jumping on the four wheeler for yet another ride that ended in tragedy. Seeing bricks fall off the side of the house as she put it in reverse and the poor faucet out back that never stood straight again..........

Smelling the fumes of gas as Grandpa Tuttle would fill up his white truck and the ancient, red and blue, 60's pumps out back.

Stealing raspberries from Ruth's yard with Adrian and Brooke when we knew she wasn't home. Bad, but they tasted soooooo good.

Standing on the roof of the Tuttle's house, with everyone below telling me to JUMP!! Me waiting there until I saw the blue truck with the light blue stripe coming down the road. Jumping and then all running for our lives as Ken pulled into the driveway.

Playing "hotel" on the speaker system in Grandma Tuttle's house.

Watching "Meet me in St. Louis" at Grandma Condie's house......while eating a Schwann's bar. It is still my favorite show and does the Schwann man still exist? I love him.

Being in the basement of Nina's house and seeing the enormous stuffed Wilie Coyote for the first time. I still have nightmares and fear that my hatred toward all wolves stems from this childhood experience.

Sitting behind the couch, pouting. Hence the name, pouty pig.

Playing "babysitters club" in the big tree by the pavillion at the church.

Riding our bikes down cemetery hill, seeing how far we could coast without peddling. My brothers riding Joni's pink doll buggy down thinking they were funny and ending with an horrible crash.

Yelling down the vent in the hall at the red house to tell people they were wanted on the phone.

Sleeping in the hallway EVERY sunday for a nap. Thank you dad for instilling that in me. I love it.

Driving the car down to choir before I had my license and sliding on ice right into the side of Uncle Dave's red pathfinder....aka our "panther". Having to find Aunt Kris in the church to give her the bad news. I thought I was going to die and never be able to drive again.

Kicking Cordell out of the car because of sheer annoyance as we were driving to Scipio to take Nicole home from school. Finding out when I got home that he walked the entire way from the north exit to his house without being picked up.

Watching from Cordell's roof as Tyler, Courtney and Cordell shot off rockets with barbies attached from the middle of main street in Holden.

Counting out hundreds of penny candies from the bins behind Max's counter. The smell of the produce room at Wood's and getting creamies from the frozen bin right inside the door. Forging mom's name one million times on checks and having Max just smile and send it through. Mom knew the majority of the time...........

Attempting to be just as tough as my brother as I ran down the face of an enormous slide in Cedar while at Sparkette competition......then crashing and tearing my knee apart. Instead of taking the option for stitches, I wrapped my knee and went out and performed my little heart out to "Let's hear it for the boys".

Singing "Can't get enough of this everyday weeding" with Richard as we would weed the garden every morning of the summer at 6 am. That job never ended and I am still not sure why it was always only Richard and I.

Having dad wake us up the day we were to leave for Lake Powell and telling Richard and I that we were in charge of having the boat completely packed and ready to go by the time he got back from Salt Lake. Still wondering why it was always me and Richard..........

Sleeping down at Jill and Penny's house in the 5th wheel on the last day of school. Waking up to knocking at the window and who knows what hour and finding all of Tyler's friends hanging out, while they were supposed to be sleeping up at the new house. Then seeing the sheer terror on their faces as they saw the white truck flying down the road, looking for them. And then there was the barracade that was set up at the top of the stairs so that dad would hear them if they tried to escape again.

K- so this is it for now, but I seriously have a million more. I will post again tomorrow.

-T

No comments: