Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Important Things

First I must apologize for my lack of participation these last weeks. I will repent and do better. Your mother and I had an incredible time on our 30th wedding anniversity trip to Cabo. It is a beautiful place and I now know how to go cheap. Anyway I'll let mom fill you in on that subject.
I'd like to spent some time on weightier matters. Saturday I attended what I believe was the best meeting I've been in possibly in my whole life. Worldwide training was incredible! I don't know how many of you went but I hope you were all there. It was for all adult members. Of which I'm sure you all qualify. We have always emphasized being in every meeting during your upbringing. Did it sink in? Remember when we'd make you go to all the firesides? Well did it take? Anyway, the theme was "Rising up a Righteous Posterity. It was great! I wondered thru the whole thing "How have we done?". Well I know the job will never be done but it was interesting how many examples of experiences the leaders had that we as a family have planned, experienced and charished. I really had to chuckle when they started to talk about how family "projects" were important. Planning, working together, and accomplishing grand projects of "unadvanced Ag" bring memories of mostly joy to my mind. Its amazing how you only remember the good that comes from those activities. That's why we want you to live close enough to us to have some more "projects". I know you kids have had wonderful grandparents to teach you things, inspire you, love and care for you. I want you all to download this training and memorize it. Seriously! It was the best discussion on family values, righteous living tips and testimonials. I know that mom and I were very blessed with spiritual kids. There is no doubt about it, but I wonder really how much power 2 pages has had on our souls? Please comment.....I think your mother should start a blog....LDS MOTHER. She could be the doctor laura of lds culture. Really. She has always wanted to be a counseler but with no degree she thinks she can't do it. I know she can. So I need help. Encourage her. Anyway, we attended the dedication of the Rexburg temple this evening. It was powerful. The Spirit was so strong I could hardly sing or breath. Elder Nelsen and Elder Bentnar spoke and it is the coolest temple. It has wheat in the stain glass windows and Elk in the world room. Hows that? Well all of you take care. I want a report from each of you after you have memorized the worldwide training. I want ideas as to how we can raise a righteous posterity. You Know!!! NO EMPTY CHAIRS !!!!
We Love You all and are very proud of all of you. You're all doing a great job at LIFE. Keep up the great work. Prayers, 2pages, magnify calls and smile. Love, Dad

No comments: