Monday, February 25, 2008

We all need repentance.......




So, I have major need for repentance right now since I have not posted for um pretty much over a month. Ridiculous I know!! But I want to turn over a new leaf and post at least once a week. I think that should be all of our goals, since there are others in the family that are currently in the same boat as I. So, get going everyone!!

Well, life here in Pittsburgh is the usual.....cold, dreary, gray. Really it good, just doing the same old, but unfortunately the same old is getting just that.....old. I don't know how many more times I can hear Hudson say, "shoes, bye, car" while pointing to the door. He just has cabin fever so bad that I don't even know what to do with him anymore!! There are only so many days that we can go to the mall or the children's museum without going crazy. Hudson and I need the warmth and the sunshine- oh how I miss the sunshine!! The other day Tim, Hudson and I went sledding outside out complex and it was actually a sunny day. I literally was just laying there in the sunshine and the thought crossed my mind of going to get on my swimming suit just to fill the warmth of the sun. I miss it so much. But we are hanging in there until the weather clears up and we can do some activities outside.

Other than that, Hudson is doing well. He is hilarious and thankfully I have him which is my saving grace from losing my mind completely!! He is such a fun little boy and is just so funny lately. We went through a bit of about 2 weeks where he was sick with the flu and I didn't realize how much it affected him until he started pulling out of it. He just started to be so much happier and started running all over the house again. I was so glad when he finally got better. Yesterday was a long day at church for us. It was just Hudson and I since Tim had to go to a ward conference in Freeport, and hour away. Anyway, we went to church and I spent all my time in nursery of course because Hudson struggles not being by my side 24/7. Then, we went to our ward's linger longer lunch and then waited for a baptism at 3:00 and finally got home at 4:00. It was definitely a long day for a little boy, but we didn't really know what to do with him when we got home because he would have to go to bed in about 3 hours, so we decided to keep him up. I, of course, had to succumb to my childhood need of a nap, so I went back to take a quick one. When I woke up, it was completely silent in my house, so I sat there wondering where Tim and Hudson had gone. Anyway, when I came out of my room, I saw Hudson laying on his stomach on the floor, completely sacked out with a car in each hand. Tim was on the couch, incoherent. Hudson woke up shortly after that, followed by Tim awhile later. As soon as Tim woke up, he asked me if Hudson came and woke me up. Apparently Tim fell asleep on the couch and had no idea what Hudson was doing. So Hudson just took care of himself and laid down on the floor and took matters into his own hands. It was a funny sight. He must have been completely waisted.

Tim is doing well in school and has a busy week coming up. It is midterms, so he has a test about everyday which will not be fun. But thankfully he handles things a lot better than I would and we don't have to suffer much. He really is so good at that and tries not to have school interrupt our home life too much. I am really thankful for that. I on the other hand do not handle situations with such grace. Like my fun experience on Friday.

So Hudson and I decided we were going to mall so that he could play in the playground that they have there. But before we could get there, I had make a quick stop at the post office to send some things. Well, on our way there, Hudson fell asleep in the car. Thankfully it was right before we got there. Anyway, we pulled up the post office and I shut of the jeep and finished a pear that I was eating on the way. I then, got out of the car and without thinking, locked my side of the car. I then walked over to the passenger side door to get my purse and Hudson out of the car when I realized that the door was locked. Much to my dismay, I looked in and saw the keys in the ignition, my purse on the seat of the car with my cell phone in it, and MY CHILD in the back seat of the car!!! Heaven help me I went into panic mode. I ran to each door and attempted to pull the doors open, with no luck of course. There was nothing else to do, but run inside and try to find a phone. I walked into the post office and walked up to the lady at the desk and asked if I could use her phone. She looked at me and said that there was a pay phone in the hall that I could use. I then explained that on a normal day that would be fine, but that I had just locked the keys in the my car with my purse and my son in it, so the pay phone would not work. She looked at me and I could see the shock on her face. Thankfully there was a lady standing in line who overheard what was going on and immediately gave me her cell phone. I called Tim who was at school and thankfully he answered being on his lunch break. First thing I said to him was" I have just locked Hudson and the keys in the jeep and I am at the post office." Tim laughed and said,"No you didn't", which in his defense, one of our friends Kristy, locked her daughter in the car just one week before at walmart and called Billy at school to bring the spare keys. It was the exact same situation, so he thought I was teasing him. He then realized that I was not kidding and I told him he had to leave right then and go get the spare key at the house and then come rescue us....meanwhile Hudson is just sleeping away in the car. So for about the first 20 minutes, Hudson slept peacefully and I stood outside of the post office watching my car while running periodically to check in the window and make sure Hudson was not losing it. Then after the 20 minutes, he woke up and peered at me through the window. At that immediate moment I began praying with all my might that Tim would get there. I sat there pacing back and forth behind my car, peeing in occasionally to see how Hudson was doing, all while it was snowing outside and I was freezing to death. It seemed like the longest 45 minutes of my life. Finally, I saw the Saturn and I was so relieved. Tim pulled up, got out of the car and walked over to me. He asked me if I was ok, after which I burst out bawling of course. What a mom to lock their child in the car. Stupid, stupid. But of course, the instant that Tim opened the door, Hudson freaked out and was waving his arms and legs because he was so excited and happy! He seriously didn't make one peep about the whole thing and honestly just sat and watched the cars go by from his carseat. He was such an angel. It took me about the rest of the afternoon to get over it, but I don't even think Hudson even knew what was going on. Such blind faith they have in their parents!!

Anyway, my post is forever long, so I should probably end now. But here are a few pics from sledding outside our house. The two girls are Hudsons little friends that live here in our complex. I couldn't get many smiles out of him for some reason. He was particularly pumped about sledding that day. Anyway, I love you all and if there is anyone that doesn't know what to do with yourself, COME VISIT ME. I miss home and all of you so much right now, that there are times where I don't even know what to do!! Oh and Joni, try out for "So you think you dance", immediately.

Love you all and miss you,

Tim, Tanis and Hudson

No comments: