Thursday, February 28, 2008

My First Project...



Well, my first project is complete. It looks cuter in person than in the pictures-and it looks really cute on Claire. I can just imagine it with a little white sweater (although it is already 83 today so I don't know if sweaters are going to work with us anymore!). My VT companion and friend Andi makes the cutest skirts for her little girl who is just younger than Claire, so she told me we should have a day where we just sit and sew. The kids played in her backyard and this morning in just over an hour pumped out this skirt! I found the fabric the other day at a really cute fabric store here but thought that I would walk out with pinks of some sort. Not really- I came out with yellow and turquoise...but it is really cute-atleast I think so. Given the fact that the only thing I know how to do with a sewing machine is sew a straight line, it turned out well. I am addicted and am already thinking about my next skirt and next project! So, you can't tell in the pictures but it is panels with a thick band at the top of the waist and then at the bottom is an underneath ruffle of the stripe material. Well...enjoy. We sure had fun...although Porter came home with a rug burn on his forehead from sliding down their stairs-boys will be boys!

No comments: