Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our fun day in the snow!









Some of you haven't heard about our fun snowmobile experience. Friday night when everyone got there we went to the famous Great Wall for chinese food and realized that we needed some boots and gloves etc for everyone that didn't have any. Well, we stopped off at Deseret Industries and there we found the greatest finds, especially for Joni. We found her a real snowmobiling outfit that was black and red, for the bargain price of $15. She kept saying that she wasn't going to wear it but finally gave in. We found her and Shelane some boots for $4 a pair but the best bargain of the day was jonis mitten gloves that were pale mint green for $1, I actually would end up wearing this fine gloves. Saturday started out the way our outings always start out. Getting lunch and getting the snowmobiles and of course looking in at least two stores to get a thermos for the cocoa that Joni wanted. Not finding it and realizing that if we don't get the snowmobiles soon our day would be shot. So we gave up on the thermos and dad stopped at Maverick and got a big gulp thermos and finally she got her cocoa! (Which we will see later that it was all for nothing) Anyway, we got to the smowmobile place and got two snowmobiles. The guy came out to tell us how to run them and gave us two shiny new helmets and told us not to scratch them. I am convinced that he jinxed us for the rest of the trip. We got to dads shop and got the smowmobiles unloaded and we all got on to ride to the river. Dad and I on one of the smowmobiles and Joni Richard and Shelane on the other. Dad and I wore the helmets which was inspiration. We took off first and as we tried to get between two trees we found ourselves tipping over in slow motion but we couldn't stop it. We tipped all the way over and our heads hit into the trunk of the tree. Mine was bad, but dad would have dug a big hole in his head if he hadn't had his helmet on. The kids behind us got a lot of laughs over us. But of course, a big huge scratch down the helmet! Oh Well, what can you do. It would have been fine had that have been the only crash dad and I had but for some reason, which he says it was my fault because I didn't know how to lean, we had another crash onto our side going up a little hill. The kids were behind us and they just kept catching up to us and seeing us crashed, wondering if we are all right and again laughing which I am sure it was very funny. Well, after the lecture from dad, telling me of course that when I see him lean I better lean with all my might the same way, we did pretty good. We did have another crash that jolted my spine when we hit a big ditch that we couldn't see. I am still having some after affects from that one. We had to go through the canal and that was a trick. It took Richard a little longer to try to get out of that but he made it. When we got to the lunch area we made us a fire to get warm and ate of course our Kentucky Fried Chicken which Joni wouldn't eat. But remember we had dad and Richard on the outing. We thought we would have some nice hot cocoa but Joni had to leave it on the trail because it kept spilling and she couldn't hold onto it or she would fall off so it was somewhere out there abandoned in the snow. We had a fun time though and it was beautiful country by the river. The girls and I had a good hike in the snow on the way back while they were trying to get back through the canal. I do think that Shelanes boots were the worst of the bargains since here feet probably had frostbite. It was fun but alas, when we turned in the snowmobiles we had to turn in a helmet that was scratched! That night we went to the dollar movie to see I Am Legend that Joni said was good, the men liked it but it was about vampires and kind of scarey! But it was fun. Monday of course we went to Smittys and then shopping, something that is tradition for the girls. We found some fantastic deals like we always do! I had a great time and enjoyed everyone being here!
Love you All!
Mom
Our pictures show our great outfits and our fun time.
And now for the Tuttle Timely Tidbits:
Do you all subscribe to the Ensign? Are you Wise? Do you read it? The March issue is very special use it well!
Love DAD

1 comment:

No Empty Chairs said...

Joni, those are seriously hot pants. I wish I had some. Mostly I wish I was there. I would have worn the Old Dickie if I could have gone. Love you.