Saturday, November 10, 2007

And I've decided....

And I've decided that Tanis and Dad should both write books-why? Because when I am reading their posts, they sound so professional and eloquent-not to mention Dad's excessive plan...that took some effort! Dad gets an A on my blogging report card! I can't wait to hear more about this "plan" of Dad's-so where are we moving to? Even though we are the professionals at moving, we do not offer our talents and/or services to help pack and move! Well, I guess for the right price we are willing to help! j/k...we do hate moving. Tanis, thanks for the update on Christmas this year. As Joni and I were driving back from Asher's shower last night we were talking about it and trying to figure out who had who! Your list is much easier to figure out than our counting and recounting! And, Shelane...don't be fooled-THE PRESSURE IS ON! We only accept top notch gifts-just ask well anyone I've made gifts for! In reality, I am soooo bad at this Christmas gift making but this year I hope to redeem myself! I am sitting here laughing thinking back over the past five Christmases and how I still wear that homemade sweatshirt that Tyler and Porter made for me! Hint Shelane: puffy paint can really do wonders! Well, ironically that is about my favorite Christmas tradition ever-the making gifts and the "spotlight" in the chair even though I am still working on fitting in to the gifts of the family. I figure that I entered the Tuttle Family equation atleast 15 years after the start of the tradtion, so I've got atleast 10 more years to get my gifts up to par. I figure that is only fair. It's like I have a handicap in golf, but it is in Christmas presents. Tim and Shelane, I declare that you both have the same handicap! For our ward Christmas party they came over and video taped our family talking about "White Christmas" and they asked me what my favorite Christmas tradition was-and this was it. Tyler also chimmed in about sledding on the farm in the hood of the car-now I've never experienced that myself, but maybe this christmas we could make it happen-what do you say? Who's in charge? Dad, Richard? Anyone?

Well, this week I feel like Tanis-groundhogs day. I have been watching my sisters two children (Brooke-3, Davis-1) along with my two children and at the end of the day I look back and wonder what I did all day long. It is groundhogs day. I remember talking to Tyler this week and he asked me what I did all day-and I said, "I have no idea-obviously something, another day of my life gone and I can't remember what happened over the last 12 hours-its all a blurr!" I guess that is what happens with four children-mom how did you do it? Have we left the house? No-only once and we all stayed in the car. I have mastered-ok maybe that isn't the perfect word-my own two children out and about. We go to the zoo, to the park, to the mall and even to the grocery store-which I have vowed recently it would never happen again with both of them. They just egg each other on-as Joni was witness to in the car last night on the way to Asher's shower in Holden. Porter would scream, count 1, 2, Claire would scream. Count one, two, Porter would howl, count one, two, Claire would howl. It is pure chaos but how I love it. I just have to roll with it and let the good times be. Claire is growing up so fast and now she is starting to be at an age where she and Porter love to be together and play together, and oh how it makes me want to add more to the family....ONE DAY. I guess that is why Heavenly Father sends the children one at a time-to give the mom's time to adjust and regroup. I love my dear children.

Well, Tyler has now been gone for two weeks straight, except for a lovely few hours that I got to see him on Tuesday night after the hunting extravaganza. He changed his flight so that he could spend some time with me and the kids, but oh to our surprise that time was spent not exactly as planned. Here is how it went down.
5:45pm Left my parents for the airport to "take Tyler his clothes"
6:15pm Arrived at the airport and waited in the park and wait-watched a little Ninja Turtles courtesey of Mom
6:45pm Richard and Tyler arrived
6:50 pm Tyler decides to change his flight to leave in the morning
6:51pm Tyler unloads his things from Richard's truck into our car
6:55pm Tyler goes into the airport to change his flight-to a 7:00am flight
7:10pm We leave the airport
7:45pm We arrive my sister Stef's house to drop off some photos
8:00pm We arrive at my parents house
8:01pm We sit down to watch the Biggest Loser
8:15pm Tyler decides to unload the car and repack his things
8:16pm PANIC ATTACK BY THE WHOLE FAMILY=when Ty can't find his work computer
8:17pm Tyler is in a mass sweat attack thinking of how in trouble he is
8:18pm Tyler calls Richard and Shelane answers to have him look in his truck
8:19pm Tyler calls Richard-no answer-ok
8:21pm Tyler calls Richard-getting a little frustrated-no answer
8:25pm Tyler calls Richard-face getting really red-no answer
8:30pm Tyler calls Richard-PANIC-no answer
8:35pm Tyler calls Richard-really mad-no answer
8:36pm Erica calls Richard-no answer
8:37pm Richard calls a happy Erica back-and has found the computer
8:45pm Porter throws a tantrum about wanting to drive down to Springville with us to get his computer
8:50pm Tyler gives in
8:51pm We leave for Springville
9:15pm We arrive at Richard's-to some yummy Oreo cookies thanks to Shelane
9:45pm We get the computer and a little Del Taco-not me, no no my stomach says.
10:25pm We arrive back at my parents.
10:45pm Tyler packs and Erica falls asleep.
5:45am We leave for the airport.....

What a great few hours together we had! Atleast we found the computer. So now we are days counting until Tyler returns. It is like countdown to Christmas for us. So...7 days and counting!

Well, we love you all and thanks for posting on this site! It makes it worth it. I love reading all your blogs and hope that you will continue! Peace out until next time....Erica

No comments: