Monday, November 5, 2007

Hello...from the dead of winter!

I LOVED reading your post Tanis! Yeah, you jumped on the blog train but I know that you have been swamped-especially in the past few days! You take on soooo much! Well, Mom that leaves you! Hint, Hint! Well, here we are in the dead of winter in Utah! It is quite different than 95 degrees in Scottsdale. I think that my blood must have thinned out because I can barely stand this weather, not to mention the poor kids are freezing! Porter was definitely the beneficiary of the cold weather-we went shopping on Friday and he ended up with a new wardrobe complete with shirts, pants, jackets, and shoes! My poor kids are running around in shorts and short sleeves, so to avoid the doctor something had to be done. So, we decided last minute-literally to come up to Utah with Tyler as he went hunting with the boys. So, me and the kids are here for the next three weeks and we've been having a great time so far.

Well, Wednesday was Halloween and after the kids had a BLAST trick-or-treating at Tyler's work we packed up the car and drove through the night to arrive in the beautiful Utah Valley at 6am! I didn't want to be home alone for three weeks while Tyler traveled so I opted to survive the drive, but it was more like Tyler had to survive the drive since he was the one behind the wheel until we hit Nephi. At that point he tapped me and woke me up explaining that it was my time to drive because he was hallucinating-he said that he just saw a huge bear run in front of the car and across the freeway-yeah, so needless to say, I rocked out to my music (no, not Shakira Marci) and pulled in to my mom and dad's around 6am! We've been busy since Thursday-shopping, playing, babysitting, making dried apples, working in the yard, digging in the dirt, playing on my sisters iMAC, and who could forget a FABULOUS sleepover with most of you in the family! (Mom, Joni and Shelane!) Shelane-thanks for the hospitality while Tyler was away! I had a great time with all of you. It is just nice to be with family-but of course we missed you Marci and Tanis!

I wish that I was at home so that I could attach some photos, but no luck! Sorry my letter is kind of boring this week, but I will write more in a few days. My contacts are sticking to my eyes and so that means I've got to head off to bed! I'll post more tomorrow! Love you all...

No comments: