Thursday, November 8, 2007

PORTER, WHERE'S YOUR BODY?




This is the best picture I could find to illustrate my week. It's been REALLY busy and at times I felt like my body was taken away from me. I have been subbing a lot of the faculties classes and on top of that I've had to work 3 days this week which is a little different then my usual once every other week. But I am doing really well. I fasted last weekend that the Lord would help me get everything done that I need to and he has. Fasting is TRUE! I really couldn't do everything without the lord's help. Amen.

One sunday, I had something really embarrassing happen to me. I know...surprise, surprise but I thought I would share it. I had just pulled into my apartment complex and I was getting out of my car and I thought that my roomate was right behind me in her car. It was the same car so out of instinct I jumped in front of the car and did the Tanis/Marci dance which equals the ugliest dance you have ever seen (we use to do this to Richard all the time). Well I'll I could see was sheer terror coming from the people in the car and I didn't recognize any of them. Some random people got the ugly dance and I almost died. I ran back into my apartment and remembered that Alisa was still at the fireside. Stupid!

Right now, I am listening to James Taylor Christmas and I am loving it. I know it's a little early but I figured since the seasons never change here I could pretty much listen to christmas music at anytime. I am just gearing up for the holidays. I love coming home.

I am applying for my dream job right now. The application is due on Monday. It's the Dance Education Director at Saint Jospeh's Ballet. St. Josephs is a not-profit art center that focuses on low-income families and communities in Santa Ana. This is one of the most successful comumunity art centers in the nation and I would LLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE to work there.
So who is going to proof my application? If you don't volunteer, then I will just call you like I usually do.

Well, that's about it from California. No school on Monday so I think I will go to the beach. I'll take lots of pictures.

Love you all,
Marci

The dancing picture is of our last concert. I am the one jumping.

3 comments:

Erica said...

That is the funniest thing ever!!! I can't believe that you did an ugly dance for random people! I would love to see that ugly dance...I'm thinking talent show at Christmas? hehehe...you can do that and Shelane can do her monologue...the rest of us will just sit back and enjoy!

Erica said...

oh by the way, that was me, erica that posted!

No Empty Chairs said...

yeah couldnt stop laughing about that one!!!
love rich